GlobalBeatz.net

Night Club and Dance Club Community
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huckabee wants Constitution to be God Oriented
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:57 am 
Post WHORE

Quote:
The United States Constitution never uses the word "God" or makes mention of any religion, drawing its sole authority from "We the People." However, Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee thinks it's time to put an end to that.

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

When Willie Geist reported Huckabee's opinion on MSNBC's Morning Joe, co-host Mika Brzezinski was almost speechless, and even Joe Scarborough couldn't immediately find much to say beyond calling it "interesting,"

Scarborough finally suggested that while he believes "evangelicals should be able to talk politics ... some might find that statement very troubling, that we're going to change the Constitution to be in line with the Bible. And that's all I'm going to say."

Geist further noted of Huckabee that if "someone without his charm," said that, "he'd be dismissed as a crackpot, but he's Mike Huckabee and he's bascially the front-runner."

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Huckabee_Amend_Constitution_to_meet_Gods_0115.html

huh-durrrr seperation of church and state? What's THAT?

Keith Marcks: Input-Output

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:59 pm 
Avid Poster

:sick:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:18 pm 
Utter whore

i want an atheist president.

cheebs wrote:
my second favorite thing about the posters here is that nobody tries too hard or takes anything too seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:37 pm 
Avid Poster

shane wrote:
i want an atheist president.

QFT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:52 am 
Avid Poster

While I appreciate his religious connection, he's a little over the top. A big quack who has no real shot at the presidency. His primary objective is going to be stealing votes from one of the main candidates. WTG jackass!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:23 pm 
Avid Poster

No one wants Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter in the White House. Religion is just an excuse to do bad things in the name of God(very true in Politics). Anyone that claims God is talking to them when they make their decisions is full of shit. Politicians love to exploit Religion as a means to control the social masses, which is why it still exists. It might work in Arkansas or even Texas, but it sure will not fly with the educated masses. If you want a Pat Robertson type administration, be my guest.